Updated July 5, 2020
Dear NCFC family,
Montgomery County has moved into Phase 2 of the Governor’s COVID-19 recovery plan. NCFC will follow the guidelines released by the County for houses of worship and indoor/outdoor gatherings.
- EC Worship Service – In-person EC worship services will begin this Saturday (7/11) and will be held at 7:00pm on Saturdays – please wear a mask at all times and please stay home if you are ill or have any symptoms. Even after in-person services begin, worship services will still be available online via livestream and recordings.
- Education department (Discoveryland, Promiseland, Timothy) – Services and activities will not take place in-person for our children until we are further along in the recovery process. Our Discoveryland and Promiseland pastors will continue preparing recordings of their lessons/sermons that will be posted on our website so our children can worship as well. There may also be other resources that can be printed out for your children to do at home along with interactive Zoom sessions a few times a month. Timothy service will be livestreamed on the Timothy Facebook page at 11:00am on Sunday. This is a public Facebook page and can be accessed even without a Facebook account.
- Oikos – Oikos groups (small groups) will continue to connect virtually during this phase.
- Church Staff – EC staff members are available via e-mail and phone during this time.
- Giving – Giving of tithes and offering can be done online by visiting our website and/or using our paypal ID: email@example.com
The pastors, leaders and staff are here to help with any needs in our church family that may arise during this time. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can help in whatever way we can. We will continue to monitor the situation and make any adjustments as needed. Please check the website regularly for new updates. We are praying for our church family and for those around the world who are being impacted. Please pray with us!
Montgomery County Phase 2 Reopening:
Update from Montgomery County:
On June 19, 2020 Montgomery County has transitioned to Phase 2 of reopening. Click the more info link to see what’s open and additional resources.
Update from the state of Maryland:
This is a rapidly evolving situation and the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) will provide updates as they become available.
Practice Social Distancing:
The CDC defines social distancing as it applies to COVID-19 as “remaining out of congregrate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.”
This means, says Rivers, “no hugs, no handshakes.”