COVID-19 (Updated March 30, 2020)
Update: March 20, 2020
Dear NCFC family,
Out of an abundance of caution, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to the community and follow the guidance of local authorities, the church has decided to keep the building closed until further notice and do the following.
- Sunday Worship Services – Recordings of Sunday worship services will be available on our Sunday Services Page until further notice. These are recordings (praise and sermon) and not livestreamed so you can choose to worship whenever it works for you. Please worship with us!
- Education Department (Discoveryland, Promiseland, Timothy) – Our Discoveryland and Promiseland pastors will continue preparing recordings of their lessons/sermons that will be posted on our Sunday Services Page so our children can worship as well. There may also be other resources that can be printed out for your children to do at home. Timothy service will be livestreamed on the Timothy Facebook page at 11:00am on Sunday. This is a public Facebook page and can be accessed even without a Facebook account. If you are a parent of a child in one of the education ministries and have not been receiving regular e-mail updates, please contact your child’s pastor or contact us at email@example.com
- Oikos – Oikos groups have been encouraged to touch base and meet through virtual means. If you are not part of an oikos group but would like to join one, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Other Events – All other events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Offices Closed – EC staff will not be present in the office during the week. Please contact pastors and staff via e-mail or phone.
The pastors, leaders and staff are here to help with any needs in our church family that may arise during this time. Please contact us (email@example.com) so that we can help in whatever way we can. We will continue to monitor the situation and make any adjustments as needed. Please check the website regularly for new updates. We are praying for our church family and for those around the world who are being impacted. Please pray with us!
Update from the state of Maryland:
This is a rapidly evolving situation and the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) will provide updates as they become available.
Practice Social Distancing:
The CDC defines social distancing as it applies to COVID-19 as “remaining out of congregrate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.”
This means, says Rivers, “no hugs, no handshakes.”